1. I find it almost astonishing whenever I see folks of my age whine unabashedly on facebook or any other popular online social platforms. Do they have any idea that’s the first place employers forage through(no, not your scrawny portfolio) the minute you set your foot out of that interview room? *facepalm*
2. I am 2hrs into disappointment with Dazai’s Magnum Opus, “The Setting Sun”. I wouldn’t want that same disappointment from reading yet another Japanese novel, at the same time I wouldn’t want to read a heavy European novel, or a Russian one that mingles itself too much with politics, or an American one that’s drips with witticism. Bad lord, as I stare at my newfound literature collection, I realise, Schwartz is really right, more is really less.
3. Not a gung-ho solider but … I can’t wait for the 5klik morning run tomorrow! Recent nights, I keep having recurring dreams of myself being a marathon runner. And by marathon I literally mean the 42.125km run. I wonder how much of gearing and oiling do I need on my muscles for me to get there.
4. I would dread the mundane lectures on safety precautions after it though. Imagine being confined in a room with comfy chairs, dim lighting and air condition that kisses your skin every now and then, at the same time, being told not to sleep at all cost for 8hrs daily. I rather be part of the casting of Human Centipede.
5. I am highly skeptical of happiness “set points” being genetic, however I can’t find any substantial source that supports my skepticism. Calling nerds to arms to provide me with some. I inquire, doesn’t that then mean that for a large part of our lives, our happiness have long been decided by our biology algorithm. Or am I misunderstanding the function of these set points?
6. If there’s an unfortunate woman that happens to be my wife in the future and we happen to copulate and fortunately have a baby boy as our offspring. I would most definitely name him “Dan”. Apparently loads of modern intellects share that name, or at the very least, many of my favourite ones do.
7. Although I will prefer a baby girl to a baby boy. No pedophilia on my part, I swear.
8. I need to stop my mindless rampage through my fiction collection, calm my ass down and start reading Jared Diamond’s “Guns, Germs and Steel.” Smells like a deadly interesting read through the history of Europe that can prove itself useful when citing relevant anecdote against god knows what verbal war I will get myself into tomorrow.
9. As very usual, I better be making this into 10 bulletin points, no more, no less. It’s what George Carlin calls mockingly an authoritative number. Oh and speaking of Carlin, I am very tempted to ship his life long literary achievements via Amazon. Much lovessssss and RIP to that guy 😦
10. I suspect that some part of my pre-frontal cortex is screwed. Sores on my forehead have been perpetual for weeks already and I can’t seem to focus on anything these days. Also, a brilliant excuse to have a good look of my MRI, something I have yearned for since my discovery of Oliver Sacks.
That’s all. Time for more ingenious directing my Roy Anderson. Ciaos.